“If you don’t tell your story, someone else will and you may not like the way that they tell it.” – Unknown
Trade shows, advertising and even direct marketing are good. However, if you know what you are doing; the best bang for the marketing buck is Public Relations (PR) and inMMGroup has the secret PR sauce!
Here are 10 techniques that we have found extremely effective:
- Humanize the story. Storytelling is relevant today – you need content rich in flavor and texture to get through all the screaming on the Internet.
- Let necessity be the invention. Be courageous, take risks and deviate from the norm. It’s tough for a second-tier player to get first tier visibility; traditional strategies and tactics just are not going to cut it.
- Pitch David vs Goliath. Who doesn’t love a David vs. Goliath story?
- Internal leadership. This is a requirement to sell up and fight for resources.
- Set aggressive goals. Set aggressive goals and metrics then meet them.
- Commit executive resources. Great PR requires executive commitment to drive internal strategy and planning, press tours, and media relationships; be a resource when the press calls.
- Keep it real. Don’t expect the media to just rollover and write big stories about the product, service or organization. Maintain a strong dose of objective reality.
- Lead with the BIG News. Cultivate relationships with the big news such as the WSJ, the phone is going to ring.
- Let customers and analysts tell the story. Line up analysts and customers to bring credibility.
- One-on-one interviews. Big time payoff!
Learn how inMMGroup can help you overcome the challenges of PR and pivot your organization. Let’s Start A Conversation!