Seven Small Business Marketing Trends For 2022
There are seven main marketing trends for 2022 that a small business can adapt to remain relevant. There is no doubt from our experiences of 2021, that being adaptive to the new way of business is the way to success.
If you have not noticed the paradigm shift within the business industry as we know it.
I ask you “Which rock have you been hiding under?”
Let’s break them down further:
Personalized and artificial intelligence
- Although artificial intelligence and programming are a 2022 new marketing trend, the truth is that the personalization of a brand will always remain the key. If you really want to stand out in 2022, you need to personalize your marketing, for example, your content, products, emails, etc. In addition, artificial intelligence will help business owners to gain traction quickly in the business world, which will help to streamline certain tasks, that will increase sales, and to know your customers better. An example of artificial marketing is a chatbot.
- It is safe to say that video marketing is still dramatically increasing, going into 2022, and will be even more important in 5 or 10 years. It is evident that businesses report higher conversion rates with video marketing. As a matter of fact, video is the key factor in online decision- making, more than 52% of consumers say that watching products and services videos gives them more confidence in making buying decisions online. A video is a simplest and clearest way for customers to obtain information about a product, or service, therefore if your website includes video it is 50 times more likely to generate organic search results, compared to those with text only.
Messages through apps
- Social messaging apps are very effective for both small and big businesses. Companies are increasingly using social networking to interact with their customers/clients, for example, Facebook Messenger alone has an average of 10 billion messages recorded between customers and businesses per month, and that really makes sense to market your business, where your potential customers are. In addition, social apps allow you to send messages directly to your clients, and in a personalized way, in fact, 63% of customers return to the website of a business that has live chat.
- E-commerce is a business that sells products and services and is becoming huge because customers can easily and safely shop from home, therefore business owners don’t have to worry about having a brick-and-mortar location going into 2022, and beyond, this will definitely be a win-win. This means that starting or having an e-commerce business is the perfect new trend to follow into 2022 and beyond.
- This kind of payment is becoming the new trend for 2022 and beyond. This particular payment can include a variety of payment methods, for example, credit and debit cards, mobile or digital wallets (think touch-free technology), and payment apps. As technology advances, more cashless payments options will of course become available, which means that businesses have no choice, but to keep up to satisfying their customers. In addition to that if you choose to accept standard payment, consider also adding a cashless payment option or two to your list. That way, you can keep up with the trend, while also giving loyal customers/clients a few options for payments.
- 2020 has changed lives in so many ways, therefore going into 2022 and beyond marketing will continue to evolve to match the needs of restricted real-world business, and the opportunities of online business. These kinds of events are here to stay, and will undoubtedly grow in our collective consciousness. For example, Microsoft Teams Live is a solid platform to hold any type of event.
- If you spend a lot of time on advertising then you could consider programmatic advertising for 2022 and beyond. It is the same kind of artificial intelligence that is helping business owners manage their ad spending. This kind of ad buying really helps businesses to target a more specific audience. Real-time bidding, for example, is a type of programmatic ad buying. These specific programs will certainly help businesses in 2022 and beyond to be much more efficient and faster, which means higher conversions and lower customer acquisition costs.
Small businesses now more than ever have to remain adaptive and aware of new trends and strategies of marketing, keeping the competitive edge and increasing their ROI in an atmosphere of constant changes.
According to the latest trends, 20% of small businesses fail within the first year. Which category do you want to fall in?
Check out our last Blog on
How Does Content Marketing Benefit a Business?